- The value of healthy skepticism, and where Katya's comes from
- How capitalism takes holistic healthcare - which was traditionally accessible, deeply contextual and collectively empowering - and warps this to make it inaccessible, commodified and whitewashed
- The trouble with smudging
- Cultivating a relationship with the plants you use in your healing
- Essential oils: would a simple tea do? Plus oral ingestion, COVID "cures", and MLMs
- One-size-fits-all herbalism versus constitutional herbal traditions such as Ayurveda and TCM
- Over harvesting of medicinal herbs and "superfoods"
- "Naturopreneurs", supplement-heavy protocols, and Tony Robbins
- Disease mongering in holistic wellness
- Finding a practitioner who will help, not harm
- Katya's recovery from anorexia nervosa and PTSD, and how lived experiences with disordered eating can make us better practitioners
- Astrology, tarot and the truth about cusps!
Katya's website, Instagram, and her podcasts: Kumbaya Confessional and Queer Wellness
The Dream: a podcast exposing the dangers of multi-level marketing
Food Empowerment Project: a resource to help others recognise the power of their food choices
Support the show!