She’s not only a highly skilled dietitian trained in eating disorders, body image, mindfulness-based practices and HAES, but she’s dedicated to sharing her expertise and light-hearted but deep wisdom with other health professionals and groups. Her questions made it clear that she’s well-versed in podcasting and, being a dietitian, yoga teacher and mother of two herself, she's also very familiar with the overlap between the motherhood, yoga and "wellness" spheres!
I was especially humbled to hear that she’s read several of my articles and totally rates them! Wow. I can’t think of a better compliment.
If you want to hear us wax lyrical about motherhood, yoga culture and the BS inherent in the "wellness" spaces (including hear me share about my recent experiences as a new mum of two), tune into Episode 36 of the Mindful Dietitian Podcast.
Listen here or search iTunes for the Mindful Dietitian Podcast (Episode 36).
Here’s an overview of our interview:
- The pressures on women to be the "perfect" mother, and how we get sucked in through patriarchal systems
- On being a working mum, mum guilt, and inadequacy in motherhood
- Earth Mothers VS Creative Rainbow Mothers
- Nurturing our children, ourselves AND our projects
- Breaking away from diet culture messages in the yoga and wellness spheres
- The Sexy Successful Spiritual Woman - what is it, and why it hurts us
- How diet culture infiltrates the way health professionals and yoga teachers market their services
- Ayurveda and Chinese medicine - separating the wisdom from diet culture dross by first getting into your body and learning to eat intuitively
- And so much more!
Did you enjoy this interview?
Until next week,