- The rise of performative activism in yoga social media, and why it comes across as disingenuous
- How white yoga and wellness influencers can leverage their privilege to do better
- My personal experiences of racism growing up, how these pale in comparison to those of BIPOC, and how I'm responding to racial injustice
- The damage done by sentiments like, “No One Is Superior”, "We Are All One", or "I Don't See Colour"
- An example of feigned anti-racism in an Australian context
- Spiritual capitalism and the ways white supremacy manifests IRL white yoga studio culture
- 3 tactics of defence and dismissal used by white wellness influencers to deflect accountability around racism
- Folks who are doing excellent work in allyship, de-centering themselves, raising the voices of BIPOC, and/or speaking out as BIPOC wellness and yoga influencers themselves
- Dianne Bondy on challenging racism and spiritual bypassing, on the triyoga podcast
- Acknowledgment of Country by Georgia Mae Capocchi-Hunter
- Casey's article on The Spiritual, Sexy, Successful Woman Ideal
- Transcript of this episode with links to posts mentioned
- Yoga is Dead podcast
Influencers to follow:
Support the show!