- The "epiphany moment" book that turned both of us onto the non-diet path
- Self-care is an act of liberation, especially for oppressed and marginalised groups of people
- Unshackling ourselves from patriarchal ideas of what it is to be a "good mother"
- Differentiating commodified wellness from community care as accessible, equitable self-care
- "Who benefits?" and "What feels nourishing?" as ways of questioning self-care practices
- Why emotional and comfort eating are not “bad”
- Food is much more than medicine
- The radical, feminist roots of self-care
- How white supremacy shows up for health practitioners
- Investigating needs, values based living, and self-compassion
Laura Jean is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian who focuses on the ‘whys’ of eating and how body connection can guide our interaction with food. She is passionate about helping women develop a healthier relationship with food and supporting them to become the expert in their own food experiences.
Laura's Website, Instagram & Facebook
Support the show!