In preparation for my upcoming Valentines Day AcroYoga workshop this Saturday I plan to bring a batch of this chocolate to share.
The combination of partner yoga, flying therapeutics and Zenthai massage I have planned for the workshop could only be topped off by some truly delicious chocolate.
And here it is!
And in case any of you were wondering, yes it is vegan. And raw. And a little bit Persian, given the cardamon and pistachios. And high in magnesium and no doubt lots of other healthy nutrients. But most importantly, it's delicious and feeds the soul.
Read on for the recipe...
Rose petal, pistachio & cardamon chocolate
125g cacao butter, broken into smallish chunks
3 tbsp raw sugar (cane or coconut)
3 1/2 tbsp raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp cardamon powder
20 (or so) pistachios, shelled and chopped up a little bit
1 tbsp dried rose petals
WHAT TO DO
- Blitz the sugar in a blender until it's powdery fine.
- In a double boiler over a very low heat, warm the cacao butter gently until just melted. I like to wait until half of it is melted, then turn the heat off and go do something else to avoid risking overheating it.
- Add the powdered sugar, cardamon powder and cacao powder and stir until smooth.
- Take off the heat and pour onto a tray that’s been lined with baking paper. The larger the tray, the thinner your chocolate will be.
- Wait a few minutes for it to cool slightly, and then sprinkle with rose petals and pistachios.
- Refrigerate until set, and then break into bite-sized chunks.