- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 large purple onion, chopped
- 1 small organic eggplant, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 large oxheart tomatoes or 4 regular tomatoes, chopped OR 1 400g tin organic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 tsp organic grounded cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 organic zucchini, spirallised
- In a saucepan, warm the coconut oil then sauté the onion and eggplant in it on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- "Noodle-ise" the zucchini using a spirooli, spiraliser or mandolin while you are waiting for the sauce to simmer.
- Add the coconut sugar, garlic, and chopped/tinned tomatoes, and continue to cook until almost caramelised.
- Add spices and olives, cover, and continue to simmer until it reaches your desired consistency (approximately 10 minutes). Serve it immediately over your favourite whole wheat pasta or raw zucchini noodles.